Sunday, August 19, 2012

P.S. I Love You

I've still been dreaming of Palm Springs style, especially inspired by the two hotels we visited....the Parker and the Viceroy. The Parker was like stepping into the 70's, and while I wouldn't personally go that literal in my own home, I was inspired by retro modern feel and the colors, like the orange door, the orange booths and light blue glasses in the patio, and the colorful pottery.

The Viceroy is a totally glamorous Hollywood regency style, with lots of black and white, and yellow. I especially loved the pool area with its yellow and white striped lounge chairs, white chairs with black cushions, cabanas with starburst mirrors, and lights hanging from the trees. It was pretty much my dream backyard...of course I did not have my camera with me. 
Sorry it was just not working with my outfit that night!
I found this pic of the Viceroy pool here, click on the link for even more images of this lovely joint!

the patio at the Parker

Here's a board I created with some affordable items to get you a 'lil P.S. style....
Those hanging lanterns are on sale at Z. Gallerie for only 10 bucks each!


Palm Springs






9 comments:

  1. Found you via Moms Monday Mingle. Love the pics of the hotels.
    Now following you via twitter and google

    Candice
    www.lillythroughthevalley.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics...your newest follower from the Monday Mingle.
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey
    http://chasinghailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower! Loving the Palm Springs Style...tres chic!
    Come check out my reviews, giveaways, and mustaches! http://spunkyrealdeal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now all I need is the backyard for it!
    I can't wait for the day to come though, we are major out door lovers and this idea board is fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I have the backyard, but not exactly the funds yet :)

      Delete
  5. i want all of this! love your blog!

    Have a wonderful week! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your finds!! so fun and cheerful, new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete