Do you have a go-to meal?
Like one you make for company or if you are bringing someone a meal because you know it always turns out good? Well I do, so here it is. I've had this recipe for so long that I don't remember where I got it, and I made a couple changes along the way so I am just going to call it mine now (mwa-hahaha!).
It makes a bunch too so its also great for potlucks.
1 box of Rigatoni pasta
1 lb ground beef
1/2-1 onion, chopped (depending on how much you like)
2 jars of Prego Italian Sausage and Garlic sauce
(you can use any kind but i like this one because of the yummy bits of sausage already in there)
1 or 2 tbsp red wine
1 bag (2 cups) of shredded Italian blend cheese (Sargento or Kraft)
3/4 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
Fresh or dry basil for topping
1) Brown ground beef and onion until beef is browned, draining the fat
2) Add sauce (I usually use one and a half bottles because 2 seems to be overly saucy but hey if you like that go for all of it) and a glug or 2 of red wine, and let simmer on low for about 20 minutes
3) While this is going, boil the water for the pasta and cook it according to the package directions
4) Once pasta is drained, add in both the cottage cheese and sour cream and mix well together
And now for the assembling...
5) In a greased 9x13 baking dish, spread out half of the pasta mixture
6) Layer half of the meat sauce, and then half of the cheese
7) Next layer the other half of the pasta, then the other half of the cheese
8) Lastly sprinkle the basil all over the top to make it look nice and pretty.
9) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and you're done!
|This is what your pasta mixture should look like, this is the key to the creaminess!|
What's your go-to meal? If you have a link please leave it in the comments,
I could always use another one!