Thursday, December 27, 2012

White & Gold

Sooo I did another little project using gold paint, someday I may have to venture outside this color...gasp! But hey, I had the paint so I am making it last, got to be economical these days right?

I had these red Ikea Blomster candlesticks ($15 for a set of 3) in my storage closet for 2 years now, just taking up space. I bought them for a Christmas party one year but I'm thinking that white and gold is something I'd like to look at all year long, sorry red lovers!
P.S. on my last trip to Ikea I see they have these in glossy white now, but I wanted it to be a flat white anyway so here it goes...

I used a Kilz Spray paint primer, and then some Rustoleum Flat White over the whole thing. Then I taped it with painters tape and painted the bottoms by hand with gold acrylic paint (Outdoor Metallics #1654 Pure Gold to be exact). Before the gold paint dried I was a little skeptical because it looked not so great and all streaky, but it dried beautifully!

Can you dig it?






These were pretty much inspired by all the gold dipped loveliness I've been seeing, like this flatware...
                                                                                      Source: rstyle.me via Bel on Pinterest


Milk bottles...
                                                                          Source: stylemepretty.com via Mikal on Pinterest


Feathers..
                                                                                Source: bridalmusings.com via ile on Pinterest


Or gold leafed like this tray...
                                                                                      Source: etsy.com via Kathy on Pinterest


I'm also excited because I just hit 60 followers...woohoo! Not sure why that number is relevant but anyway, also not sure how many of ya'll actually come back after following (yes I just used the word ya'll) but I'm grateful for you and through mingling back I have found so many great blogs to follow along with and that inspire me!

1 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm also in love with the whole 'dipped' look right now, and I think you did a great job with these candlesticks!!

    I would love it if you would link up at Martha Mondays, open now through Wednesday night!

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/01/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features.html

    ~Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete