Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cream Cheese Comfort

I wanted to share with you this easy, husband approved. crockpot meal! It involves a block of cream cheese, so of course how bad could it be? I first saw it on Look Who's Cookin' Now a long time ago, but its been in my arsenal ever since, especially on these cold lazy days when you want something warm. 
So here in southern California, it dipped to a rigid 65 degrees recently and I got this going....

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili 
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, not drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 Ranch dressing packet
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
8 oz cream cheese
2-3 chicken breasts

Spray your crock pot with non stick spray ( i always do this, it makes it so much easier to clean!)
Place chicken at bottom of pot, followed by corn, rotel, and beans.
Top with seasoning and ranch mix and stir together.


Place the cream cheese block on top, cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Then stir the cream cheese into the chili and cook for 30 more minutes.
I serve it over rice or egg noodles.

And what is some "chili" without some cornbread?? 

Want to know my secret?....


That's right baby, this stuff is like 40 cents. You can add all sorts of things to it, but I just make it according to the directions on the box for "Johnny cake", all I add is maybe 1/2 tsp of sugar. 

Anyway, hope your tummy stays warm!




4 comments:

  1. lloks great, can you bring dinner over at 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My friend makes this amazing chili recipe and I've been wanting the recipe for ever. Thanks for sharing!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I'm going to try this with 1/2 the cream cheese and taco seasoning instead (Js afraid of both).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taco seasoning...great idea! Haha, he is afraid of taco seasoning? Its pretty easy to make your own, I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete