I got this new pan from TJ Maxx for 20 bucks, it is my new best friend!
After I whisked this gravy for a while it was finally done. I made the mistake of not fully whisking it in the bowl with the flour before adding it.
For an extra little slice of heaven, I say add a little soy sauce to your rice, but that's just me :)
Needless to say, this meal is delicious comfort food and a guaranteed man-pleaser!
You can click on the Big Islands recipe above but I typed out the recipe as I made it, after the jump.
Loco Moco - for 2 big eaters...
4 Hamburger Patties1 cube beef bouillon (dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
2 T Flour
1 T Butter
½ cup milk
- Pan fry hamburger patties in a non-stick skillet until done, and set aside
- Add a little of the broth and deglaze the pan
- Add the rest of the broth and boil on medium high for 3-5 minutes until reduced
- Turn down to a simmer and then add a few dashes of Worcestershire
- In a small bowl, dissolve flour in 4 Tbsp water. Make sure to whisk it smooth before adding to the pan! (I will admit that I just eyeballed the flour and water but I did some research and found you should have a 1:2 ratio, flour to water)
- Slowly add mixture to the broth while whisking
- Add in the milk and keep whisking until thickened. If too thick, add more water or milk.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper
This made enough gravy for 2 people who really like gravy.
For the last step in a different pan, fry your eggs, preferably with a little runny yolk. Assemble your loco moco immediately with the burger on the rice first, then the eggs, and then gravy over the top!