Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gardening for Dummies

We finally planted some herbs and vegetables in the raised beds in our backyard. And by we, I mean my mom and step-dad and me just doing what I was told. But I am happy to say that Carys and I have been watering it daily, and it has been one whole week, and nothing has died yet! We even have sprouts coming up from the green bean seeds in the back row. Here is our little garden in all its glory. We planted Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Jalapenos, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, and Tarragon. Then there are green bean and onion seeds in the other bed, I plan to plant some flower seeds there as well. I love it, thanks so much Mom and Dean for your help!


And speaking of flowers...look how beautiful the rose bush looks! It was a present from my mother-in-law last year. Nathan planted it in the ground several months ago and I was sure it was dead, but by the grace of God we have these gorgeous pink and orange flowers!

So I can look at this on the dining table....

Stay tuned to see if anything turns out edible....things are looking up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment