Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holy Love

Listening to one of my favorite songs today, "What do I know of Holy", I think I have posted it before. It's about God's holiness and how worthy He is of our praise.
Some lyrics:
I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees


This bible study I just finished talked about His unfailing love for us and how when we say we love Jesus, we are really saying, I love you too. Because He already showed us His love on the cross and continually every day through His blessings that we don't deserve. And He did this before we ever loved Him back!
Romans 5: 7-8
"For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die,
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Couple that with the thought of how big God is, that He spoke the world, and you and I into motion. "God is the only true Giver, and He needs nothing from us. But still He wants us. He gave us life so that we might seek and know Him." (Francis Chan)
This is the same God "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, measured heaven with a span and calculated the dust of the earth in a measure" (Isaiah 40:12).

"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You." Psalm 63:3


So this leads me to the awesomely goofy yet wonderful David Crowder Band and their song....


In Awe of Him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment