Friday, November 12, 2010

Surprise!

My mom turned 60 last week. We managed to pull off a surprise party for her at our house. It was a lot of fun putting together. The decor was a sort of rustic theme, food highlights were pulled pork sandwiches (from Johnny Rebs...yum) with hawaiian rolls that my professional sandwich maker (Nathan) so graciously put together, and cupcakes from the Frosted Cupakery on 2nd street. Yes, yes. My fabulous friend Andrea took pictures with her fabulous camera....check out her blog here, she's for hire!

the reveal...she turned bright red, good times!

Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...it's a win-win people

I found this yummy apple cider punch recipe at bhg.com, google it!


the food table...we put together these chip cones with scrapbook paper. More trouble than they were worth? Possibly. Fun to do arts and crafts with my husband? Definitely.

Collage by Andi

(sorry for the closeup of my mug but look at Carys' hair, and my adorable niece Sydney!)

I love how sweet this picture is, my mom with my nephew Derek.

Watching the slide show....tear. Nothing like a photo montage set to good music. I used Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go" and Matt Maher's "Hold Us Together", two of my absolute faves.

one more decor pic, sorry I can't resist. stems in clear water, is there anything better?

Me, my mom, and my bro

1 comments: