Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Away from Home

We just got back from a week at "grandma's house" as my daughter now calls it. Basically our time was spent running around outside, enjoying the perfect weather and scenery, playing with the dogs, checking out the pony, swimming at the lake, and eating lots of food of course. And Nathan was also in his friend Eric's wedding. My in-laws are awesome and we have a handful of wonderful friends to see.
Every time I go to visit, I really do feel more at home there, it's so refreshing, and Nathan and I wonder why we are still living in California? Of course there are just a few reasons we are still here, like family, friends, our church family and Nathan's work to sum it up. SoCal will always be home to me, but I often think with how short life is, why just live in the same place the whole time? Lots to think and pray about for sure... but you never know, anything can happen!

It's so hard to get a good family pic of us these days, this is as close as we came. This was at Lake Pend O'reille...the picture doesn't do it justice, its so beautiful...bluest blue sky, bright green trees and really cold water!


here was the scene at the wedding, not too shabby right?


here is Carys with Grandpa and Grandma Barbie


Riding Lily the pony, is she huge or what? (the girl, not the pony) Actually the pony was a midget.



this is what happens when I'm not looking apparently

contemplating life....



....now this is what I call a vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Yey this post is so exciting! My parents live in sandpoint (on that same lake!) and it is an amazing place to visit. In fact, they actually have their house for sale if you have any interest? :) So fun to read up on all you've been up to. Carys is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Tiff! Not sure if I can afford your parents house...i wish! ;)
    Happy Birthday by the way!

    ReplyDelete