Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Rice

I've never been a fan of cilantro, however I do love the cilantro lime rice from Chipotle. And I like the cilantro dressing at El Pollo Loco. Hmm, maybe I DO like cilantro?

I made tacos the other night and found this copycat recipe to do the rice. Nathan said it was the best rice I ever made. So I either make really bad rice most of the time, OR this was delicious! You can be the judge. I think the key here was to do 1 1/2 cups water to 1 cup rice, instead of the usual 2 cups.



This is the recipe exactly how I made it:

Ingredients
1 tablespooon butter
2 tsp fresh cilantro
1 cup white rice
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 lime

To make:
-Melt butter in saucepan at medium heat
-Then add the rice and juice of the lime and saute for 1 minute
-Add water and salt and bring to a boil
-Then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until water is absorbed
-When done, mix in chopped cilantro and fluff with a fork

Click here for the original recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment