Sunday, November 13, 2011

All or Nothing?

Do you ever have so much that you want to get done, that you end up getting nothing done at all? That's how I've been feeling lately, and putting way too much pressure on myself while I'm at it. Also we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year for the first time, and I am really excited about it.

Here is a list of the things I've been wanting to do:

1. Create an amazing Thanksgiving tablescape, the likes of which have never been seen in our family (setting the bar too high perhaps? I think so)

2. Paint our front door glossy black.

3. Paint our media cabinet some other color, any other color than what it is.

4. Get a nice throw blanket for our couch to cover up stains (why is it so hard to find one?)

5. Landscape our front yard planters to avoid being the eye sore of the neighborhood.

6. Organize all of my photos into albums (yeah right! why are albums so expensive?)

7. Go thrift store shopping and create an inexpensive yet incredible new wardrobe that doesn't look cheap so people can say, "what? you got that where??)

8. Re-model both bathrooms.

9. Read a book...any book.

10. Blog all the time about all the fun, creative projects I am doing.

I could go on, but it just feels good to make a list doesn't it? At the end of the day, I know the only thing I can do is be a good mom to my kids and a good wife to my husband, and any thing else that doesn't get done....well, it's just going to have to wait.

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.
For He Himself has said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you " Hebrews 13:5

Thank you Lord for that!


Here is a picture of a tired but happy mom. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment