Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Bake, I'm Baking!

Lately I am trying my hand at baking and I'm kind of excited about it. I was thinking of that scene in 'What About Bob?' (haven't seen it? you need to) where they go on a boat and Bill Murray is strapped to the mast and he's excited and yelling, "I sail! I'm sailing!!" That's how I feel about me baking. Now if I could just get my hands on one of those awesome Kitchen Aid stand mixers....

And look! I have a recipe and pictures to share.

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
(1 package)

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars together. Then add the eggs and vanilla, beat well.
3. In smaller bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended.
4. Stop for a moment and dream about Kitchen Aid stand mixer. (optional)
5. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips. On this step I thought 3 cups seemed like too many, so I added about 2 or 2.5.
6. Drop by teaspoonfulls on parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes.


by the way, parchment paper kind of rules. I like to roast potatoes on it also


the final product, yay for butterscotch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment